Identifying Purpose of Collection
Merle Norman & InSPArations Day Spa only collects personal information that is necessary for operating its business and for providing services to its guests, including personal information needed:
- To assess whether treatments are suitable and the use of our facilities are appropriate for your current health condition;
- To identify any factors suggesting that you should not undertake treatments/activities;
- To identify any cardiovascular or respiratory health issues you may have prior to using our facilities;
- To identify whether you have any head or neck injuries that would increase your risk of injury during treatment;
- To identify whether you have any infectious diseases which may adversely affect our team members or other guests;
- To identify situations where the use of certain medications may potentially cause adverse effects in combination with specific treatments;
- To ensure that you are aware of the risks involved with the use of the facilities;
- To assist our team members in assisting you should an injury occur;
- To contact your personal physician should it become necessary to do so in order to protect your health and the health of other guests;
- To ascertain whether or not you are pregnant, as some treatments may have adverse effects on your unborn child;
- To provide to qualified medical personnel in the case of an emergency;
- To ensure we understand needs and preferences of guests; managing and developing business and operations.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
For example, we may be required by law to provide certain information if a court issues a subpoena or summons or where there is an investigation by a regulatory body.
Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes set out above, or as required by law.
You will have the opportunity to update your Health History Form before treatments are rendered. It is your responsibility to ensure that your Health Information is up-to-date and complete. As we may use this information to assess whether it would appear that you are medically fit to obtain certain treatments, it is important that you regularly update your Health Information. We request that you immediately inform us of any change in your physical or mental condition, or copy of medications or drugs you are taking prior to obtaining any treatments or using the facilities.
Merle Norman & InSPArations Day Spa takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your information are:
- premises security;
- restricted file access to personal information; and
- technological safeguards such as security software and firewalls to prevent ‘hacking’ or unauthorized computer access.
With certain limited exceptions, you have a right to access your personal information at any time. You may access your personal information by contacting The Spa owner Merle Norman & InSPArations Day Spa during normal business hours.